Have an idea, solution, tip to share with your fellow members? This is where you can do it. Write a short submission of a useful tip, solution, or idea that you think is worth sharing and can help other's in their role. These are meant to be able to be read quickly so short submissions are better. Give us your best hint, idea or solution. These will be edited after submission so don't let that keep you from participation. Start writing and submit with your application.
Here is a sample:
|Where Is The Top Of My Desk!?
Does it ever seem like you have more paper now that we’ve gone to electronic medical records? What do we do with all that paper? You MANAGE IT. Here are some tips to reduce your piles:
- Avoid saving unnecessary documents just in case. Be selective!
- Create a consistent naming method for files and folders. Use colors to easily differentiate by topic (payroll – green, employees – blue, providers – yellow, vendors – red, etc.)
- Store documents together that are related and order them by date (don’t store letters in one folder, reports in another, spreadsheets in another)
- Use “working folders” so the projects you are working on currently, reports you need to review, etc. are all in one handy location (Just make sure you’re making progress and completing those tasks! If you ever find you need a second working folder, you need to rethink what you’re working on)
- Avoid overfilling folder; start a second folder instead
- Scan wherever possible ensuring that the file and folder structure on your computer is the same as the one in your drawer to ease finding things. After you scan, shred it! Don’t save an electronic copy AND a paper copy.